Data & Research Analyst (3-6 month traineeship)
We’ve got an exciting new opportunity to join us at Onalytica and we’d love someone who’s super-organised, has bags of enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude as well as a passion for data, research and social media to join our team.
Based in our central London office, you will be one of two young professionals to join our trainee programme. You will be working with the whole team and particularly the Client Services team to deliver innovative research on digital influencers and social media brand coverage.
If you are really good with Excel & PowerPoint, have great attention to detail and are interested in the way that social media is influencing brand reputation, you could be exactly who we need.
If your friends think you are more geek than most, we definitely want to talk.
If you watch the Big Bang Theory and think you would fit right in, great.
As “Data & Research Analyst” there’s the chance to get stuck into a wide variety of tasks and learn a lot! Here are some of the varied things we’d like you to do:
- Identify / validate digital influencers for brand campaigns
- Categorise influencers in our influencer marketing software platform
- Crunch data in excel to create pie / bar / line charts for reporting
- Read and summarise social media coverage (as per our methodology)
- Write PowerPoint reports for clients including writing key findings and summarising media analysis
- Configure our software for clients
- Participate in client calls with leading global brands such as Microsoft, Sony Mobile and IBM
Who are we?
We are a cutting edge social media software company that analyses millions of social media conversations to deliver valuable insight that brands use to increase brand awareness and improve brand reputation. Our online platform analyses millions of tweets and blog posts, creating a tailored database which clients can use to identify, track and engage with digital influencers. As companies start to move away from blanket advertising to more focused marketing strategies, we provide the tools they need to engage with the key market influencers to increase brand awareness and improve brand reputation.
How are we doing so far?
We have major clients in the USA and the UK already gaining significant benefits from using our solution. Microsoft, Sony Mobile, SABMiller, ActionAid and Coca-Cola are just some of our clients.
Where are we?
Our office is in London Bridge, close to the Shard and walking distance from Borough Market so we’re offering a great location in a lively part of town with good transport links. The office is fully equipped with table tennis, table football and a dart board. Prepare to be competitive when you are playing!
Key Skills & Requirements
We’re a friendly bunch who work hard to provide our clients with the best support and platform possible. There’s huge potential to expand and develop this role as we grow. We’re looking for someone who’s got the following but if you don’t tick every box, don’t give up and please do apply.
- Ability to be a self-starter and use your initiative
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Experience of using Excel and PowerPoint on a regular basis
- Fluent and well-written English is essential
- Detail oriented with excellent teamwork skills
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Capable of handling multiple priorities
- Good communication skills and willingness to present to colleagues
What you can expect in return:
- Great work experience, training and development
- Young vibrant office
- Access to a range of analytical tools and innovative market research methods
- Direct exposure to clients and commercial environment
- Great platform to develop your research and analytical skills
Overall, you will have the opportunity to work within a small, friendly team where your contributions will be immensely valuable to our future development.
Nuts and Bolts
- £500 per month + expenses. There will be opportunities for this to develop into a full-time job if both parties are happy
- Start Date: ASAP once we find the right 2 people
If you are interested in joining us, please send us your CV and a 1-page covering letter to email@example.com telling us why you would be a great addition to our team.
We look forward to hearing from you!