Managing Director at Futurewise
Peter is Managing Director of Futurewise, a future of work insights company. Peter helps organisations navigate the future of work and the new world of remote and hybrid working. Peter has a background in the banking, consultancy, and staffing industries. He is Chair of the mental health charity Aware and Chair of Brain Tumour Ireland. He is also on the steering committee of the 30% club which promotes gender equality. He has published two books “Fun Unplugged” and “Family Fun Unplugged” aimed at taking families off their digital devices
How did you get to become an expert in your key topics?
I am from a family of eleven so grew up learning how to navigate the group dynamics of a large family and have always found the human side of business fascinating, I started in JP Morgan but quickly decided to work in roles where it was more about influencing, persuading and supporting employers and employees. I set up the Future of Work Institute in Ireland in 2014 and was investigating all of the areas that today are becoming much more the norm.
What sub-topics are you most passionate about?
- Future trends across all sectors.
- The paradox of technology – how it is both a huge opportunity but also a threat and potential danger for society.
- How to engage men in diversity and inclusion.
- How to hire and hold on to the best people.
- How to persuade people and understand their behaviors better.
Who influences you within these topics?
A broad range of thinkers: Alin de Botton and Sam Harris (philosophy in the modern-day), Thomas Friedman and Matthew Griffin (future trends), Rory Sutherland (behavior and influence), Adam Grant, and Bruce Daisley (How to fix work).
What do you think the future holds in this space?
Employers that will survive and thrive will focus on the following:
- The trends are in other sectors will give themselves the best chance of future success.
- Treating their employees with respect, trust and building a culture of challenge and continuous learning.
- Focusing not just on customer satisfaction but customer excellence.
- Finding a way to stop digital distraction/ burnout of employees.
What brands are leading the way in this space?
If a brand wanted to work with you, which activities would you be most interested in collaborating on?
What are your passions outside of work?
What would be the best way for a brand to contact you?
By phone (0876200836) or email.
While you’re here, why not signup to our B2B influencer marketplace, MyOnalytica? MyOnalytica is the world’s largest B2B influencer marketplace. Influencers can sign up for free and create their own profiles which will be visible to Onalytica clients which include many of the world’s largest brands. Sign up now to showcase your expertise, influence & how you would like to partner with brands.