Independent Advisor for Health Tech companies
David Chou serves as the SVP/CIO for a public academic health system. Chou has held executive roles with the Cleveland Clinic, Children's Mercy Hospital, University Of Mississippi Medical Center, AHMC Healthcare, and Prime Healthcare.
David is a dynamic keynote speaker and industry commentator working with clients to transform their business models using technology. He has spoken around the world at healthcare tech-related conference including keynotes for leading industry events and intimate executive settings. Chou is also one of the most mentioned CIOs in the media and well quoted in outlets such as the Wall Street Journal, Modern Healthcare, HIMSS Media, ZDNet, CIO.com, Huffington Post, and Becker's Healthcare. David is an active member of both ACHE and HIMSS while serving on the board for CHIME.
How did you get to become an expert in your key topics?
- 20+ years working in the healthcare industry at a variety of organisations.
- Differentiator is that I learned about running hospital operations while utilising technology to be a competitive advantage.
- Building a technology focused department emphasizing speed and experience. Experience for everyone (patients and employees).
- I have had the luxury of working at for-profit, non-profit, academic medical centers, pediatric specialty hospitals, international startup hospitals, and public academic medical center.
What topic areas are you most passionate about?
Anything related to healthcare technology as well as digital healthcare usage to improve an individual’s health. Also utilising technology to drive new business models.
How would you describe your offline influence?
I have built a great community of healthcare technology decision makers where we would get together twice a year at an intimate event that I host. In addition, i do have regular contributor posts on cio.com, forbes, and other media outlets in addition to my personal blog.
If a brand wanted to work with you, which activities would you be most interested in collaborating on?
What’s your best source of information for getting ahead of a story?
- I rely a lot on PR departments from the vendor communicate that would share their embargo press release with me.
- NDA agreements that I have with various vendors also helps me get the information earlier.
What brands have you worked with?
Fortune 500 technology companies with a presence in healthcare.
Which non-paid activities would you be keen to take part in if the opportunity raised your profile or delivered value to your audience?
I am happy to provide a quote for content or news article and create video content.
What are your passions outside of work?
- Big basketball fan and an aspiring golfer
- Car drives
- Letting my kids (3 girls) spend daddy’s money, not a passion but a reality
What would be the best way for a brand to contact you?
Message me on one of my social media accounts.