Dan is a Top #100 Digital Marketing Influencer and international speaker who went from knowing nothing about Digital Marketing, to growing an award-winning, 6 figure Digital Marketing Agency with his brother Lloyd in under 2.5 years.
How did you get to become an expert in digital marketing?
Here’s a brief overview of the journey I’ve been on:
- Always had an entrepreneurial flare from a young age (influenced by my Dad).
- Did a business management & marketing degree at University of Brighton.
- Went straight into a Graduate Management Scheme at a large blue-chip organisation (nothing to do with Marketing).
- Worked my way up the ranks and then quit and went travelling around Thailand.
- Self-taught how to grow my own personal brand on social media.
- Started the KPS Digital Marketing Blog
- Started KPS Digital Marketing with my brother Lloyd in July 2015.
- Began speaking at small events.
- Built up a strong client base of small start-ups to large multinationals and local councils.
- Became a contributor for Social Media Examiner, Content Marketing Institute, Jeff Bullas & more.
- Named #12 Most Influential Digital Marketer on Twitter in the world in 2016.
- Began speaking at bigger events in Europe.
- Today I’m continuing to grow our Digital Marketing Agency.
What areas of digital marketing are you most passionate about?
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Personal Branding
Which digital marketing influencers influence you?
Outside of B2B social branding and selling strategies who else influences you?
- My Dad (everything business related)
- Casey Neistat (video)
- On The Tools (creative branded content)
- Unilad (creative branded content)
Which brands or products stand out for you in B2B social branding and selling strategies?
- Hubspot (their sales & CRM tools)
- Social Media Examiner
- Content Marketing Institute
- Digital Marketer
If a brand wanted to work with you, what offline / online activities would you be most interested in?
Loads of stuff, like:
- Speaking opportunities
- Article contributions
- Digital Marketing strategy development
- Digital Marketing training
- Digital Marketing management
- Cool video content production
What would be the best way for a brand to contact you?
Via your favourite social media channel (links above) or email: Dan@kpsdigitalmarketing.co.uk